Traveling east always wipes me out, but after my most recent trip to the US I’m trying to beat jet lag by sheer force of will. Here’s how:
- Saturday: Arrive home like a zombie.
- Sunday: Take lots of naps.
- Monday: Set a 9:30 AM doctor appointment.
- Tuesday: Schedule home repairs taking all day starting at 9 AM.
- Wednesday: More home repairs at 9 AM.
- Thursday: Gas check at — you guessed it — 9 AM.
To avoid midday naps during the week, plan to work but also schedule visitors from out of town from Monday to Thursday. That way you have to stay awake during the day but you’re sure to collapse into bed at night.
I’m hoping by Friday I will have beat the jet lag, or at least not be entirely exhausted from it. (So far it seems to be getting me back on schedule faster than any other trip, but I can’t say it’s entirely painless.) Wish me luck!